We are excited to offer a comprehensive SAT preparation course for students who are interested and ready for traditional practice sessions. The emphasis of this course is test-taking strategies more generally and the SAT specifically. Students will learn how to self-correct problem sets, harness their current skills, eliminate incorrect answers, be familiar with the exam structure, and develop a sense of timing and pacing for the test, with the goal of improving student readiness for the SAT. It is designed for both students who have not taken the SAT and need to familiarize themselves with it as well as those who are looking for strategies to improve past scores.
Instructors: Matt Palmer teaches our highest-level math courses and has extensive experience teaching a variety of traditional SAT prep courses. Jim Moore has over 30 years of teaching experience, including many years of teaching English at the college level and individualized SAT prep courses at Chrysalis School.
- This is a 3-week intensive course for students taking the August 25th SAT.
- Classes will meet Monday thru Thursday from 9:00am to 11:00am, July 30th – August 16th.
- Half of each class session will be dedicated to English the other half dedicated to Math.
- The cost of the course is $1,000 if you register by Friday, June 15th. If you register after Friday, June 15th then cost increases to $1,250. $100 is a non-refundable deposit.
- Taking this course does NOT guarantee score improvement.
- No refunds will be issued once the course begins.
Prerequisite: Students MUST take the assigned practice SAT test and sign up for the SAT before the first day of class. The practice test will be used for diagnostic purposes and the first two class sessions will be used to review it. If a student does not register for the August 25th SAT before the first class, a waiver MUST be signed by both the student and the parent acknowledging that taking a prep course with too much time between the class and the test shows to have little to no effect on a student’s ability to take the test more effectively.