Our homeschool extension program is reserved for our elementary and junior high students and is designed to support the homeschooling family.
The student is overseen weekly for a minimum of one hour a week by one of our teachers. The curriculum and coursework are designed by the family and monitored by a Chrysalis teacher.
There is a great deal of flexibility available in this program, based on each family’s needs.
- A portion of the time may be used for coaching a parent or an older student on curriculum and teaching strategies. Curriculum may be loaned to the family.
- The teacher may also suggest additional assignments.
- The family (the student alone or the student and parent) will use a portion of the time with the teacher to discuss what they have done during the week.
- The teacher will keep the records of student’s work and assess when appropriate.
- Depending on the subject, age of the student, and their level of independence, the teacher may be able to include teaching one subject during their time with the student. The parent would typically not be included in this portion of the appointment.
- The family may add individual time with teachers or groups for their child to fulfill specific subjects on site.
The student does not need to register with the state as homeschooling, since they are enrolled at Chrysalis School as part of our private school extension program.