Senior careers and portfolio is a required course. Students also need an occupational education or tech ed course to graduate.
Career Planning for College: (individual)
- This course explores future goals and is designed for students planning to enter college. Emphasis is on career planning, the college entrance process, advanced study skills for college, and college survival strategies.
- The student will explore the changing needs of the workplace; identify their own skills, interests and values; and match them with potential careers. Trends, salaries, training and education related to his or her career choices will also be examined.
- Focused on the practical aspects of starting and owning your own business, this course will challenge students to learn: business basics, the qualities of a successful entrepreneur, the components of a good business plan, and marketing.
Future Life Skills: (individual)
- This individual course will emphasize interviewing, job exploration skills, the demands of the working world, independent living, transportation, consumer issues, and health issues.
- This course covers the basics of investing in today’s world. Students will explore the basic principles of investing: developing an investment plan, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and more.
Personal Finance: (individual)
- The student will meet with the teacher individually for this course which emphasizes personal finance including money management, budgeting, credit, insurance, taxes, housing, and job skills.
- Students are required to complete a portfolio project including both a written and oral focus of the project The portfolio and presentation must be focused on careers in order for it to fulfill the careers requirement.