2 years required for graduation
Most classes are offered both in groups and 1-1. Our offerings include photography, Photoshop, computer graphics, film/video editing, drama, theater, costume design, fashion design/merchandising, art, instrumental music and Rock Band.
Art Appreciation: (individual)
- This individual course is designed for the study and observation of selected periods/styles of art. It may include attending performances, visiting art galleries and museums, as well as self-directed research.
Art History: (individual)
- The student will work individually with an instructor to examine different periods of art history, the basic elements of art, and the relationship between history, art, and culture.
- This course emphasizes technique and/or performance of a selected dance style. It may be completed via community courses or private productions.
Drama (beginning, intermediate & advanced): (individual, group)
- This course will emphasize improvisational acting, and students will also participate in Chrysalis drama productions.
- The teacher will work with an individual student who will progress at his or her own rate through a series of drawing and cartooning exercises.
Interior Design: (individual)
- In this individual course students will learn basic design principles of theme, color schemes, line, design, balance, focus, theme, textures, lighting, scale drawings, etc. Project displays are required.
Music History: (individual)
- In this course the student will meet individually with an instructor and explore different periods in the history of instrumental music. The student will complete assignments and listen to music from each period. The student will also study the effects of music on the brain.
Photography (beginning, intermediate & advanced): (individual, group)
- Prerequisite: Must have own camera.
- Students will meet with an instructor to improve photographic skills and technique. Students will also critique still photography including portraits and landscapes.
Vocal Music: (individual)
- A student may earn credit in vocal music for private lessons, performing, participation in a choir, and/or singing in a band. The hours spent with a private instructor, during practice, and performance will be recorded and credit will be awarded based on 180 hours being necessary for 1.0 credit. Limit one credit per year.